2001 North Cline Avenue
Griffith, Indiana 46319
Bulkmatic Quick Facts
Types of freight:
Number of Trucks
Other Content Related To Bulkmatic:
Bulkmatic Important Facts
- The largest dry bulk carrier in the U.S.
- The Largest Plastic Carrier — over 45,000 loads per year.
- The Largest Flour Carrier — over 20 million lbs. per day.
- Top 10 Largest Bulk Carriers in the US
- Top 100 Largest Trucking Companies in the US
- The Largest Transload Operator in North America
- 48 US States, Canada and Mexico
- 35 US terminal locations
- Transloading facilities throughout the US and Mexico
- 500+ well-trained, safe drivers
- 1000+ pneumatic (dry bulk) trailers
Bulkmatic Pay & Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance:
Coverage begins the 1st of the month following 90 days of continuous full-time employment, provided an associate is at work on the day coverage begins. Blue Cross Blue Shield is the third party administrator for the bundled Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Benefits package. Eligible employees have a choice of two coverage levels.
- Life Insurance:
Basic Life Coverage –$40,000, which doubles for Accidental Death and dismemberment (AD&D) until the age of 65 (provided for employee only). The benefit decreases 65% at the age 65 and either $10,000 or 25% at the age 70 whichever is less.
- Short-term Disability:
Benefit pays either 50% or 60% of your gross wages (depending which option you elect) up to $1,000 per week. Maximum allotted time is 26 weeks coverage
- Long-term Disability:
Benefit pays 50% of your gross wages up to $5,000 per month. Coverage begins after an associate becomes totally disabled or after a 6 month period of disability and under the care of a physician.
Pre-taxed Payroll deductions of up to 15% of your wages with additional after tax savings of 10% available; New associates both part-time and full-time are eligible to participate in the 401-K the first open quarter after working 90 days.
- Vacations:(benefit begins after 1 year of continuous full-time employment)
There are 10 vacation days per year after 1 full year of employment and 15 days per year after 5 years of employment.
Absolutely no pay information listed by Bulkmatic. Contact the company for current pay scale.
Bulkmatic Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum age is 23 years old.
- Pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- You must have a valid CDL Class A license in the State that you reside in. If you have just moved to a new state you will have 30 days to change over your license.
- 2 Years driving experience required up to age 25 then 1-year experience is required. Driving experience must be verifiable within the last 5 years. Note: We will consider military driving experience.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
- No more than 1 preventable accident within the last 3 years
- Must be able to verify work history for 10 years.
- No DUI’s within the past 5 years. No alcohol or drug related offenses within the past 5 years.
Bulkmatic General Information
Bulkmatic Transport moves everything from chemicals to flour to petroleum to plastics throughout the US and in Canada and Mexico. The company operates a fleet of about 600 tractors from some 35 terminals, primarily in the eastern half of the US.
In addition to trucking, the company provides transloading services — moving cargo between truck trailers and railcars. It also operates warehouses throughout the US and Mexico. Bulkmatic was founded in 1965.