400 Birmingham Highway
Chattanooga, TN 37419
Covenant Quick Facts
Types of freight:
Number of Trucks
Other Content Related To Covenant:
Covenant Important Facts
- Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN
- Operates a conglomerate of companies with over 3,600 tractors and 9,500 trailers
- Dedicated, regional, OTR, team, and owner-operator opportunities
- Dry van operations with a large percentage of drop & hook
- Average salary for OTR solo drivers was $55,764 in 2008
Covenant Pay & Benefits
- DRIVER PAY: OTR solo drivers averaged $55,764 in 2008
- VACATION PAY: $500 per week
- HOLIDAY PAY: $50 per day (7 holidays per year)
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: $125 paid monthly, up to $6,000 (must be continually employed (driving truck) to qualify)
- HOME TIME: 1 day for every 7 days out; minimum dispatch 21 days.
- FREIGHT TYPE: Mostly drop & hook, no touch.
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation…call a recruiter for specific plan details and options
Covenant Qualifications & Requirements
- 6 months verifiable interstate tractor trailer driving within last 12 months CDL experience
- Valid CDL
- A license
- Must be 21 yrs of age
- Must have HazMat endorsement
- Verifiable employment for past 3 yrs
- No more than 3 moving violations in past 3 yrs(no reckless driving in past 3 yrs)
- No more than 1 preventable accident in motor vehicle in last 3 yrs
- No DUI or drug/alcohol
- related motor vehicle incidents in past 5 yrs(not more than one
- No drug/violent felony convictions within past 10 yrs. No current parole or arrest warrants
- Must pass drug test and DOT/Covenant physical and meet DOT driving standards
Covenant General Information
David and Jacqueline Parker started Covenant Transport with just 25 tractors and 50 trailers in 1986. Today, Covenant Transportation Group (CTG) includes operations from Covenant Transport, Inc. and Covenant Transport Solutions of Chattanooga, Tennessee; Southern Refrigerated Transport of Texarkana, Arkansas; and Star Transportation of Nashville, Tennessee. The consolidated group operates over 3,600 tractors and 9,500 trailers and is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN.
Covenant Financial Health
A company's revenues are the total amount of money the company has brought in before expenses. This is a good way to tell if a company is growing or not.
A company's net income is the amount of profit they've made after subtracting expenses from revenues.
A company's profit margin (%) is the percentage of profit as compared with revenues. A profit margin of 3% means the company made a profit of $3 for every $100 in revenues.
Also known as EBIDTA, it's an approximate measure of a company's operating cash flow and is calculated by looking at earnings before the deduction of interest expenses, taxes, depreciation, and amortization.
The operating margin is a measure of operating efficiency at a company. It is a percentage calculated by dividing EBITDA (Operating Income) by revenues and then multiplying by 100.
Total debt is simply the total amount of money that the company has borrowed. Naturally the lower the debt the better for any given company.
A company's total assets are everything of value that is owned by a person or company - including things like trucks, real estate, tools, and office equipment.
The debt to asset ratio is a percentage found by diving the total debt by the total assets. This is a critical measure of how much money a company has borrowed compared with the amount of assets they have. The lower the better.
Operating cash flow is the inflows and outflows of cash from the normal sales operations of a business. This is basically a measure of whether or not a company will have cash to operate its business with.
Cash flow from investing activities refers to the amount of cash flow produced from a company's investing activities including investments in the financial markets and capital assets such as trucks and equipment.
Investing cash flow results from external activities such as issuing cash dividends, adding or changing loans, or issuing and selling more stock.