4701 West 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT, 84120, USA
CR England Quick Facts
Types of freight:
Number of Trucks
Other Content Related To CR England:
CR England Important Facts
* Founded in 1920.
* Family owned and operated for four generations.
* Headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT.
* Service provided throughout North America.
* Over 3,500 late model Freightliner, International, Volvo and Peterbilt tractors, and 5,600 Utility and Great Dane trailers in service.
* Four driver schools located nationwide.
* More than 4,600 drivers and independent-contractors.
* Over 1,000 non-driver support staff.
* $544 million in 2005 revenues.
* Averages 1,500 miles per trip
CR England Pay & Benefits
The Super Pay program pays Company Drivers more per mile for shorter length hauls of 100 to 701 miles, with the pay rate increases every 100 miles. Experienced drivers receive even higher rates, depending on their qualified tractor trailer experience. Solo drivers can expect to make $34,000 to $40,000 in their first year.
C.R. England has many dedicated fleets that, for example, pay $800 a week and allow our drivers to be home two nights a week. Eligibility for dedicated opportunities available after 90 days of service, as openings occur.
Retirement – 401k retirement/savings plan available after one year of service.
Vacation – One week of paid vacation is allowed after one year, two weeks after two years
Insurance – Family health, life, and dental plans after 90 days of employment. Life insurance is available after six months of employment
CR England Qualifications & Requirements
* Age 21 or above.
* Eligible for employment in the United States.
* Reside in the United States other than the following areas: AK, FL, HI, MT, ND, SD.
* Hold a valid driver’s license for 3 years.
* Ability to read and speak English.
* No Felony Convictions in the last 10 years.
* No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.
CR England General Information
Chester Rodney England was born in 1896 to a farming family who lived in Plain City, Utah. In 1920, Chester came to the conclusion that there had to be an easier way to make a living than farming. That is when his plan was conceived. In 1920, Chester bought his first Model T truck with the idea of providing farm to market service for the farmers in Weber County and Cache Valley.
In 1957, England blazed a new trail by offering 72-hour coast-to-coast service. This was something not previously provided to American shippers. This 72-hour service was so successful that within a year England opened an office in the Philadelphia market.
Finally, in 1982, with the advancements of technology and management, C.R. England obtained the ability to better handle the east coast operations from the Salt Lake terminal. We now operate terminals in California, New Jersey, Indiana and Texas.